New York Representative Peter King callously called for donors to stop sending money to House GOP members… …once again playing into the Democrats and Statist Media’s hands for dividing the Party.
Obama’s campaign commercial star Chris Christie similarly berated the Republican House for not passing the bill and claimed there was no pork in the bill, “Shame on You! Shame on Congress!”
Obama and the RINO-Loaded / Democrat-Controlled Senate created a pork-laden bill for Superstorm Sandy relief and sent it to the House to tell the American People that business-as-usual will continue in the Federal Government. The House wisely said, ‘Not so fast!’
Umm, no pork, eh?
The NY Post reported:
“The pork-barrel feast includesmore than $8 million to buy cars and equipment for the Homeland Security and Justice departments. It also includes a whopping $150 million for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration to dole out to fisheries in Alaska and $2 million for the Smithsonian Institution to repair museum roofs in DC. An eye-popping $13 billion would go to “mitigation” projects to prepare for future storms. Other big-ticket items in the bill include $207 million for the VA Manhattan Medical Center; $41 million to fix up eight military bases along the storm’s path, including Guantanamo Bay, Cuba; $4 million for repairs at Kennedy Space Center in Florida; $3.3 million for the Plum Island Animal Disease Center and $1.1 million to repair national cemeteries.”
That’s $13.4 Billion by my count. There’s more…
- $58.8 million for forest restoration on private land.
- $197 million “to… protect coastal ecosystems and habitat impacted by Hurricane Sandy.
- $10.78 billion for public transportation, most of which is allocated to future construction and improvements, not disaster relief.
- $17 billion for wasteful Community Development Block Grants (CDBG), a program that has become notorious for its use as a backdoor earmark program.
Is that really $41.4 Billion of a $60.4 Billion bill that isn’t directly related to Hurricane Sandy? Why yes; it is! Like the so-called Farm Bill which has little to do with Farming, the Superstorm Sandy Relief bill has little to do with immediate Hurricane relief.
Okay, Mr. King, you think donations should be halted. You’re right; I agree. They should be halted to opportunists like you and Chris Christie!
Here’s the text of the bill on GPO.gov… …and more PORK that’s not for the people of NYC:
- Emergency Watershed Protection Program, $125,055,000
- Procurement of Ammunition, Army, $1,310,000
- Defense Working Capital Funds, $24,200,000
- Investigations to expedite studies of flood and storm damage reduction related natural disasters, $50,000,000
- $2,000,000,000 shall be used for mitigation projects to reduce future risk and vulnerabilities
Yes, some of that may be necessary, but is in no way hindering the family victims of the storm. And Finally…
- That $2,902,000,000 of the funds provided under this heading shall be used to reduce future flood risk in ways that will support the long-term sustainability of the coastal ecosystem and communities and reduce the economic costs and risks associated with large-scale flood and storm events that occurred in 2012 along the Gulf Coast and Atlantic Coast within the boundaries of the North Atlantic and Mississippi Valley Divisions of the Corps that were affected by Hurricanes Sandy and Isaac…
Wasn’t Hurricane Isaac Bush’s fault?